Got February’s plain socks done by the end of the month, no problem. Haven’t been able to take any photos of them because the grey, rainy days have been making my apartment too dark to get good shots.
I did get a couple of shawls that I finished awhile ago finally blocked and looking good.
Meanwhile, I’m not sure what to do about this month’s socks. It’s a pattern and yarn that I cast on about a year and a half ago. It’s toe-up and I stopped just before where I believed I needed to start the gusset (I’m not as schooled in toe-up socks as I am top-down). One of the issues is that the yarn I’m using is knitting up at 9 stitches and 14 rows per inch while the pattern is written at 8 stitches and 10 rows per inch. So, I had originally cast on enough stitches to make the sock fit rather than what the pattern called for and now that I’m beginning to do the increases I have a feeling the difference in gauge is going to be a headache.
I’m seriously considering ripping the sock out and starting over. If I do that I need to decide if I just want to use the same stitch pattern but knit it top-down (it’ll look different from the pattern as it’s a slipped stitch pattern and the stitches will be pointing in the opposite direction), or I could just pick a new pattern. Right now I’m leaning towards just doing it top-down because I do like the stitch pattern.
Personal Stash Sock Club
January: Finish Thujas February: Plain socks in Yarn Pirate Superwash BFL, Calamity
- March: Finish Scylla socks in Dizzy Blonde Studios Mean Girls Yarn Club Ep. 4 – Sock, Baroque’n Hooker
- April: Absinthe socks in Dizzy Blonde Studios Mean Girls Yarn Club Ep. 3 – SOCK,
- May: Cersei socks in Dizzy Blonde Studios Mean Girls’ Yarn Club Ep. 6 – Fingering, Wineaux
- June: Primavera socks in Trekking XXL, 168
- July: Ziggy socks in Noro Silk Garden Sock, S87
- August: Finish Broken Chair socks in Blue Ridge Yarns Footprints, Wild Cherry
- September: Transitions socks in Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Sport Weight, Campfires
- October: Socks for the husband in Dizzy Blonde Studios Mean Girls Yarn Club Ep. 4 – Sock, Hoar’s Yer Buddy
- November: Monkey socks in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight, Pink Granite
- December: Plain socks in Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester Socks, Marine