Drumroll, please

The Rivendell socks were finished Friday night.  I washed and blocked them overnight and put them in the mail to the Sock Museum Saturday afternoon.  The USPS says they were delivered yesterday morning.

Basic stats
Yarn: Dream in Color Starry in Grey Tabby, used about 250 yds
Needles: 2 Hiyahiya circs, size US 2.5, 20″ long
Gauge: 7.5 sts/in in stockinette stitch, 9.5 sts/in in Ktbl, P2 ribbing

These were a pretty fast knit, and I probably would have been done with them way sooner if I had worked on them consistantly.  The clustered stitches at the top were a new technique for me, but really interesting to do.  I find the horizontal effect they make a nice addition to the pattern.  However, it should be noted that they do make the cuff of the sock a little less stretchy than the rest of the ribbing.  Some people might find this slight restriction annoying; it doesn’t bother me very much, although if I were to knit these again, I may try to find a way to combat it.

Unfortunately, neither of my photos picks up the silver thread in the yarn very well.  When you can see it, it adds a nice little sparkle, which I thought would be a nice effect for socks named after Rivendell.  The subtle shading of the colorway didn’t detract from the pattern at all.  I did love how the yarn became nice and soft after washing it.

I hope my socks have tons of fun at the Sock Summit in my stead.  And I hope that everyone who’s going get a chance to see my socks.

3 thoughts on “Drumroll, please

  1. P.S. Sorry that you aren’t able to come :(

    I probably wouldn’t be going myself if it weren’t here already. I feel extremely lucky.

Comments are closed.